Wabash Valley Pulling Association
General truck pull rules-apply to all classes
- OEM firewall and floorboard.
- Under hood inspection can be done at any time.
- 26” hitch height for 4WD , 30” for 2WD.
- DOT approved tires, 35” max height, no cut or sharpened tires.
- OEM stock 1 ton or less drive train and OEM brakes.
- Factory dual wheel trucks can run duals.
- Blocks and ladder bars allowed. Blocks must be removable in stock trucks
- Safety chains and loops around the drive shafts suggested for stock trucks, required for modified class.
- It is suggested for stock trucks, but not mandatory that modified trucks must have driveshaft shield around the rear U joint and at front shaft/front U joint. It must be 4” from center of U joint both ways, made from 1/8” thick steel and can be bolted together by 3/8” bolts. Shield can be maximum 4” larger than the diameter of the driveshaft.
- No altered frames.
- No sanctioned trucks.
- NO WHINING-Judges decisions final and take precedent over printed material.
Pure Stock Gas 6500 lb.
- 472 maximum cubic inch limit, with the exception of Cadillac 500, Chevy 8.1, and Dodge V10 which must be stock cubic inch.
- No roller camshafts, rockers are ok.
- Must pull 15 inches of vacuum at 1000 RPM.
- Can pull from Reese hitch, bumper, or drawbar hitch. Hook point must be no less than 42” from rear axle, no floating hitches.
- Weights in bed only, must be secured. No heavy front bumpers.
- No full length headers, must run factory manifolds and be at least 12” after manifold.
- Must run factory heads and intake.
- Truck body must match truck frame, full-size to full-size, mid-size to mid-size, flat beds OK.
- Pump gas only. No race fuel, alcohol, nitrous, or methane based fuels allowed. Nothing stronger than 97 octane.
- Only factory fuel injection allowed
Altered Stock Gas 6500
- 472 cubic inch limit
- Stamped DOT approved 35 x 12.50 max tire size
- SFI blow proof bellhousings or SFI approved blankets with single disc clutch
- Must have stock rotating assembly
- No roller camshafts but roller rockers are ok
- Cast iron heads, intake, and exhaust manifolds must be used. Must have factory OEM part number on them. No headers or aftermarket intakes. Must be cast in and cast out
- No electric water pumps, Electric fans ok
- No bigger than MSD 6AL ignition with rev. limiter, any distributer ok.
- 4150 flange carburetor only. No fuel injection
- Must pull 15 inches of vacuum at 1,000 rpm. No vacuum pumps, trucks will be checked before hooking. If truck does not pass, it may pull exhibition only for that hook and then not allowed to pull again until truck passes. Under hood inspection can be done at any time.
- Fuel: No Alcohol, or methane based fuels, or nitrous. Race gas ok
- Hitch Height 26” for 4WD and 28” for 2WD
- Hitch must be reese style hitch mounted no higher than the top of the frame and nothing forward of the axle and parallel to the ground. Hook point must be no less than 42” from center of rear axle. Hook opening should measure 3 x 3 ½”
- 6,500 pounds max weight with weights secured in bed only, no loaded bumpers, frames, or bumpers with aftermarket accessories (winches, push bars, light bars, etc.)
- Truck body must match frame full-size to full-size, mid-size to mid-size
- Blocks and bars allowed
Modified Gas 6500, 7200 lb.
- 540 cubic inch + 2% limit on block, aftermarket blocks allowed.
- 4×4 truck must pull in 4WD
- Pull for Reese, bumper, or drawbar hitch with no part of hitch in front of the center of the rear axle and nothing higher than 2” above the top of the frame rail. Hooking point must be no less than 42” from center of the rear axle. It must be accessible and rigid, No floating hitches.
- No aluminum heads-cast iron only. Aluminum intake and headers are allowed. No side exhaust.
- No alcohol, nitrous, or methane based fuels allowed. Single carburetor only.
- 140” wheelbase or less, may have front weights 60” or less from center of front axle. Trucks more than 140” wheelbase cannot have any weights more than 2’ from the stock bumper location in the front of the truck.
- Scatter blanket or blow proof bell housings and kill switches mandatory.
Street Diesel 8000 lb.
- Limited to one stock appearing turbo, with the exception of Ford 6.4 Powerstoke with factory twin turbos.
- No front weights or weight box.
- No hand throttle.
- Dual wheels allowed if factory equipped.
- No water injection allowed.
- No exhaust stacks through hood.
- Diesel fuel only.
- No dual fuel pumps.
- Electric lift pump ok, example, Fass or Air Dog
Open Diesel 8500 lb.
- Duals allowed
- No riders
- Driveshaft loops required